Post Tinebrae Lux

Striving to spread the true light of Christ.

Name:
Location: Howe, Texas, United States

Married with two adult children (Patrick & Brittney).

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Looking Back

Well, I'm almost through my first week in blogosphere. My knowledge of things blog has increased exponentially. As you can probably glean from my writings, the blogs most visited are those which deal with things of a theological or Biblical nature. Some of the things I've learned this week include: (1) not all professing Christians behave like Christ (ok, I didn't just learn that, but it has certainly been reinforced over the past few days), (2) there are some REALLY knowledgeable bloggers out there, (3) blogging provides an avenue for spirited people like myself to discuss, disagree, and (hopefully) become edified through exchange with others with whom I'd otherwise have no access to, and (4) if I'm not careful, this can become an addiction. :) With respect to the professing Christians who do not behave like Christ, I must admit that, although I expected that of some, I am intrigued that much of the animosity I've experienced has come from those who shepherd churches. Doctrine without love is a very dangerous position. With respect to the wealth of knowledge in blogosphere, it is nothing short of amazing - and much of that knowledge (wisdom if you will) has been amassed by lay people. I'd expect it of seminary educated professionals, but the level of theological knowledge possed by the laity out there is a witness to the power of the Holy Spirit to "gird up the loins of our minds." My prayer is that God would use this avenue to continue to make us all more like Christ through the edification wrought by the loving interaction between brothers and sisters in Christ and through the accurate application of His Word in our lives. May God humble us all.

Post Tinebrae Lux

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Smith said...

POSTTINEBRAELUX,

Great Posts,
I have traveled a lot and enjoy meeting people. In GOD'S creation every person, animal, tree, insect and you name it is unique, no two alike. People fail to see a lot of things. GOD by the HOLY SPIRIT enables chosen people to see his GRACE and understand the WORD. There are many mysteries as the HOKY SPIRIT will reveal a verse of scripture to you in a different light at different stage of you walk. I call this IN HIS TIME, HE MAKES ALL THINGS IN HIS TIME.
Your Brother in CHRIST

7/13/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger posttinebraelux said...

In His name,
You know, there are many parts of teh Buddhist religion that I disagree with, however, I think they're light years ahead of us on the meditation stuff. How often do Christians take time to meditate on passages of Scripture, or even on the nature that God created. When was the last time that most of us took time to study a simple insect - I mean REALLY study it. More often we're interested in just killing it to get rid of the nuisance. That the Creator who sustains everything from the process of photosynthesis to the ordering of the most distant galaxy would choose me to be His is mind numbing.

Humbled,

PTL

7/14/2006 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home